2008年7月19日土曜日

Personal Spaces

★You're talking to a co-worker. How close do you stand?
I stand by keeping a moderate distance.
Co-worker is important for me in work, so I think not too close and not so far is the best position.

★You're talking to a friend. Do you touch each other?
Yes, I do. But it's only a case that the friend who are close to me.
Because I don't used to touching the person who don't know.


★Look at the diagram of a waiting room.
Where do you sit when you enter?
I will sit the next to the woman with blond.
There are many people in the room who don't know.
So, I would like to sit close to the woman rather than sit close to a man.
Actually, I don't care that I can sit close to woman.

★You're in a crowded elevator. Where do you look?
I look up to the floor number.
Because I want to get out of there right now.


★You're standing in line. How close do you stand to the person in front?
I stand by making a space about 50 cm to the person.
I can't stick firmly to the person.
And, If I far from the person in front, people are mistaken that I don't standing in line.


★You get on the bus. There is an empty row of seats at the back, and an empty seat close by. Where do you sit?
I sit an empty seat close by.
Because I want to sit right now.
And, I can't be bothered to go to the back.


★You're in a library and there's an empty seat beside you.
Do you want to stop someone sitting there? If so, how?
No, I don't think so.
Because everyone can sit wherever they want in the library.
So, I can't stop someone.
But, If I was distracted by someone sitting beside me, I will sit other seats.

★You're going to the beach. Do you like to see lots of people or very few?
I like to see very few.
I don't like a crowded place.
And, If there are lots of people, I can't enjoy and relax.

★When you're talking to someone, do you look them in the eye?
Yes, I do. It's normal to look them in the eye when we talking to someone.
If doesn't so, it's rude manner to the person.

★You're on a train. Do you talk to the other passenger?
Actually, I don't talk to the other passenger.
And, I think Almost all Japanese don't so.
But , I ask someone it when I have problem about train or direction, time.

5 件のコメント:

chai さんのコメント...

I also don't talk to passenger on the train because I think it may be strange if I did. I think people are shy, and so do I.

egye さんのコメント...

I also touch each other when talking to a friend. I think body touch is friendly action.

mamanny さんのコメント...

I agree with you!
co-worker is important for us to work! so we have to think how far is the best!

Blogger さんのコメント...

Me too!
I think body touch makes us more friendly.

bob さんのコメント...

I agree with you.
I look up to the floor number when I am in a crowded elevator.
Otherwise,I hesitate where to see.